Being on social media has not only become part of the social norm, but we often use it to research companies, organizations, even people. We connect through social mediums more now than ever. We rely on social media to get information, discover new things and connect with people. It influences the way we interact, buy and sell.
With social media being integrated into our lives, we have the opportunity to reach others during every part of the day. When people wake up in the morning, they often check their phones. It’s also the last thing many do before going to bed. Whether our phones already had them downloaded when we received them or whether we downloaded them ourselves, we all have social media apps on our phones and are get notifications throughout the day on activity that pertains to us (unless we’ve changed our settings not to).
As sales professionals, social media has opened up a whole new world of networking options. Social Media gives us the opportunity to share with our network and the ability to reach millions. We are able to find new prospects, cultivate relationships and research company culture, discovering more about each other than ever before. It is a resource for networking and relationship building…but you only get out of it what you put in. You never know when one of your social media posts or a message to one of your contacts will turn into your next big account. If you aren’t on social media, you are missing out.
Some of the benefits of using social media for sales are:
- It is less expensive than traditional advertising.
- It can help to drive traffic to your website.
- It enables you to monitor your online reputation.
- You have the chance to get instant feedback from your customers and handle any problems that may arise.
- Being on social media (& active on it) shows that you keep up with your industry.
- Your message/content has the ability to reach more people than other methods of advertising.
- It opens up the line of communication between you, your customers and prospective clients.
- It allows you to nurture your current customer base.
- It provides a place to forge a real relationship with prospective clients.
- It gives you the opportunity to let others know who you are, bring humanity to your business.
Are you capitalizing on the opportunities that social media creates?